Univox® Copper foil for hearing loops
Super thin copper foil tape with glued plastic insulation
This thin insulated copper foil is specially suitable for use with hearing loop systems and can be installed directly under a carpet. The copper foil can be used for all types of hearing loop installations but is especially suitable in existing buildings and for installation of SLS systems. The foil can be affixed with tape, glue, nails, screws or staples. Always consult a qualified craftsman before installing the copper foil.
The copper foil is enclosed in a transparent plastic insulation that is glued onto the copper foil, which makes the installation of two or more cables on top of each other possible. The copper foil itself is only 0.1mm thick. The total thickness incuding the insulation is 0.25mm. The copper foil has about half the inductance compared to normal round wires which makes it possible to use it in larger systems. The lower inductance also results in a much better representation of high frequency signals compared to a normal round wire. This is especially important for the hearing impaired, since a correct representation of higher frequencies is vital for their speech intelligibility.
• Super-thin copper foil tape (0.1mm) specially suitable for hearing loops
• Transparent plastic insulation glued onto the copper foil
• Cross section:
• Width: 25mm/12.5mm/2×12.5mm (26mm)
• Thickness: copper foil 0.1mm (0.25mm including insulation)
• Low inductance (about half compared to normal round wire)
• Increased high frequency distribution
• Delivered on reels with cardboard flanges of 100m length
Used in conjunction with the PWT warning tape.