The RAD22 Universal Wallmount Remote Audio Device solves the problem of getting multiple types of audio in and out of a centralised Rane multiprocessor such as the Terminal1010x using a home run CAT cable. The RAD22 provides two mic and line inputs through combination jacks and an 1/8- inch (3.5mm) stereo line output for monitoring, recording or amplification.
Smart muting with noise suppression allows hot swapping of microphones, even with 24-volt phantom power applied. RAD22 will automatically un-mute and ramp audio up only after plug is connected to remove clicks and pops when cables are plugged in after a fixed delay time. Other new features include added isolation between the Rane DSP and RAD22 eliminating hum caused by ground differentials and improved codec for superior digital audio transmission.
The RAD22 leverages existing design of the RAD16z without logic I/O while adding the ability to switch automatically between balanced and unbalanced inputs. Snap-on white plastic wallplate fits on universal global mount for US/UK/EU standard back box limiting product to a single SKU.
• Combined XLR receptacle and 1/4-inch
• Switching Balanced or line inputs in one XLR shell
• Saves rack space by combining 2 connectors in one housing
• 1/8-inch Mini TRS Line Out for recording, monitoring with headphones and live sound amplification
• Standard Enclosures – Standard back box mounting options for US, UK and EU
• Smart muting prevents damaging incursion to sound systems and disruption to presentations
• Isolation for prevention of hums due to long cable runs with ground differentials using shielded CAT5 or better
• Improved codec for superior audio transmission
• Completes the RAD family while complimenting the RAD16z