Univox® FSM Basic is a calibrated precision measurement device, designed for measuring the performance of Audio Frequency Induction Loop Systems (AFILS). The meter enables easy and straight-forward assessment of background noise, field strength and frequency response of the system to comply with the requirements of IEC 60118-4.
Two different frequency response characteristics are provided: ‘NORMAL’ which is a restricted response, similar to that of a hearing aid, and ‘FLAT’ which is a wide, flat response, similar to that of an equalized induction loop receiver for wide-band communication.
The meter is calibrated in two ranges; +6dB to -21dB and -21 to -48dB with respect to the field strength of 400mA/m, recommended by IEC 60118-4, allowing background magnetic noise levels to be measured as well as AFILS signal strengths. The measured audio signal may be monitored using headphones on all range and filter combinations.
– PPM meter responding to program peaks
– Real time verification of sufficient field strength for good speech clarity
– The monitor audio output is active on all range and filter combinations.
– Operates over a very wide range of 54dB in two stages
– Two measurement filter (tone) responses
– Low battery indication
– Volume control
– High quality components for low noise
– The meter is calibrated, traceable to International Standards